Area Rugs for New York, NY
New York, NY is just one of the areas Caravan Connection serves. It is the largest city in the country and considered one of the most diverse cities in the world with over 3.2 million residents not even born in the United States. It is also called the cultural, financial, and media capital of the world with many of the top companies in the world having headquarters there.
If you live in New York, NY you know how the energy of the city can be inspirational and invigorating but also overwhelming at times. It is important that you can come home to a space that you love and can unwind from the hustle and bustle of the city that never sleeps. Area rugs can help give you that space and set the tone for your apartment or room, whatever your style is.
Benefits of Using Area Rugs in Your Home
- Comfort- An area rug will provide a softer feel over hardwood or tile flooring.
- Noise Reduction- An area rug will help absorbs sound from the air making it quieter to walk on than a hard surface.
- Warmth- An area rug will provide more warmth than a hardwood or tile floor. You may even be able to lower your heating bill when you add area rugs to your home.
- Cover Stains- If there is a stain on your hardwood floor, simply cover it with an area rug and no one will know!
- Safety- Area rugs are great for those who have kids or pets as the carpet provides a better surface for balancing.
- Aesthetics- Adding an area rug into a room can help make a bold statement and make the room pop.
Area rug trends for New York, NY apartments:
- Antique. Antique area rugs are timeless and come in a wide variety of colors and patterns to fit any style.
- Colorful. Picking the right colored area rug will set the mode for the room. For example, a teal rug can brighten a room and be paired with greens, blues and whites for a calming effect.
- Geometric patterns. Geometric patterns not only apply to the pattern, but also the shape of the rug. Try a round shape area rug to change up the style of any living room, dining room or entry way.
- Traditional. Traditional area rugs stand the test of time and come in the most famous designs and patterns.
How To Clean Area Rugs
- Vacuum both sides of the rug: This helps to get rid of surface dirt, dust, and dander.
- Test Shampoo Your Carpet: Start with a little bit of shampoo on a small area. Let it settle for a few hours. Rinse off the shampoo and check for discoloration and fiber damage. If your rug is fine.
- Clean Your Carpet: Once you found a good shampoo, rinse your rug outside with your hose. Then use a sturdy brush to work the shampoo deep into the fibers.
- Rinse the Rug Again: Thoroughly rinse your area rug to get rid of all the dirt and dust that was trapped in the fibers.
- Dry the Rug: Rinse out the rug as much as possible. After this, allow your rug to air dry outside before bringing back in your home.
Contact Us Today for Area Rugs
- Are you looking to replace your old, worn-out area rugs? Then Caravan Connection is the place to go. We refresh our stock of rugs regularly to keep up with the latest design trends. If you ever have any questions, our professional staff is always here to help. Contact us today to learn more!
View all of our area rugs here.